domingo, 2 de mayo de 2010
Blue: Beginning of the letter (date, greetings, introduction to the news)
Red: Main information (Explanation of the news)
Green: Say goodbye
Barcelona, 16 May 2010
How are you? I hope everything is going well!
Do you remember my sister Anna? She is married with Marc and currently they are living in Vic. They are really happy there because they think it is a good city to raise a child.
I am writing you because she is pregnant and I am so happy that I want to tell everybody.
I hope you can visit me when the child is born and meet him or her.
Do not forget to send me a letter and tell me what you are doing right now. Are you still playing basketball in your highschool team? Are you winning many matches? I hope so!
I hope to see you soon
Try to use the following ideas:
- Your favourite team is interested in you.
- You have to move to a different city (London, for example)
- You are going to miss many things (family, friends)
Please publish your letter as a comment in this entry.
1. Your story must have at least 3 parts with two options in each part.
2. Your key words are: Princess, witch, prince, dragon, kingdom.
3. Remember your story has to have a beginning and an end. For example: "My name is Marc, and I am a prince of a kingdom long, long away. I am walking through the forest and I see a princess screaming at the top of a tower. The door is closed. What can I do? a. I try to find a key around the tower. b. I see a house in the nearby and knock on the door to see if there is someone inside."
Now it is your turn to continue this story!! Good luck!!
sábado, 1 de mayo de 2010
ACTIVITY ONE: Match the words in colum A with the definitions in column B.
A. To go faster than a walk.
2. TAKE A PICTURE
B. To record what you are seeing with a camera or any other device.
3. PLAY VIDEOGAMES
C. To look at the television.
4. THROW A BALL
D. To spring free from the ground or other base by the muscular action of feet and legs.
5. WATCH TELEVISION
E. To capture or seize, especially after pursuit.
6. LISTEN TO MUSIC
F. To support oneself in the feet in an erect position.
G. To pay attention to sound.
H. To discover something new throughout the use of the imagination or ingenuous thinking and imagination.
I. To strike out with the foot or feet.
J. To go upward with gradual or continuous progress
K. To propel through the air by a forward motion of the hand and the arm.
L. To conduct, course or action of a game, especially when talking about games played on TV.
jueves, 29 de abril de 2010
Take this easy exercises to see if you are able to relate Maths with English. :) We will comment your experience next class!!
Little Red Cap
Little Red Cap is taking some fruit to her grandmother. In her basket there are 10 apples, 4 pairs, a bunch of grapes containing 20 grapes and 5 oranges.
- If the grandmother only eats 2/3 of the fruit, how many pieces of fruit left? _________________________
- If the next day, she eats 1/3 of the left fruit, how many pieces of fruit left? _________________________
As her grandmother is ill, Little Red Cap has to wash her clothes. Taking into account that her grandmother uses a pair of trousers everyday, one t-shirt, a jacket and a pair of socks and she hasn’t wash any clothes for 3 days...
- how many clothes has Little Red Cap to wash? _______________________
After the visit, the grandmother give Little Red Cup some fruit cakes to take home. If a cake is made of 3 cups of flour, 6 eggs, 100 gr. of red fruits, 20 gr. of butter and 70 gr. of sugar.
1. How many ingredients will she need to make 4 cakes?
miércoles, 28 de abril de 2010
Now it's time to watch a video. Pay attention to the instructions. Please answer as comment in the blog.
Remember you have to do two things:
1. Answer the question: What are they doing?
2. Tell me what you are doing at the moment.
Thanks and regards,